Work With Us
Browse through the latest positions that we are looking to fill.
Job Application Instructions
Please read the job description for each listing fully to make sure you understand the position that you are applying for. Each listing will have detailed instructions on how to apply and what information you’ll need to submit.
Medical Committee Member
The WDBF Medical & Anti-Doping Committee is looking for members to join the committee and assist in overseeing medical and anti-doping advances of the organization.
View Position Details
The successful candidate will have previous experience in sports medicine, doping control, organizational medicine and sporting competitions. The candidate will work with other committee members and the medical and anti-doping committee chairperson to advance the WDBF’s policies and mandates to ensure best practices are met. If you fit this description, we encourage you to apply below.
Medical and Anti-Doping Committee:
- Is responsible for establishing conditions at WDBF-sanctioned competitions which ensure the health and safety of all participants.
- Organises medical symposiums and research in the field of Dodgeball, ParaDodgeball and their related Multisports.
- Controls all Anti-doping policies and activities of WDBF. Making sure that WDBF complies with the WADA code and the IOC and WDBF anti-doping rules.
- The medical board shall act as the Anti Doping Hearing Panel as defined in Art 18.14
Anti-Doping Hearing Panel:
- Is the body responsible for all Anti- Doping hearings in accordance with the WDBF Anti-Doping Rules and the WADA Code.
- The Anti-Doping Hearing Panel shall act in a fair and impartial manner towards all parties at all times.
- At the end of the hearing, or on a timely basis thereafter, the WDBF Anti-Doping Hearing Panel shall issue a written decision that includes the full reasons for the decision and for any period of Ineligibility imposed, including (if applicable) a justification for why the greatest potential consequences were not imposed.
In addition to the above all committee members are encouraged to practice the following values when representing the World Dodgeball Federation.
Vision and leadership:
- To be committed to the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- To follow the Committee Mandate as stated within the WDBF by-laws.
- To provide strategic direction, including agreeing and monitoring strategic plans.
- To keep informed of the activities of the organization and the wider issues that affect its work.
- To ensure the work of the organization is monitored and evaluated.
- Accountability & legal responsibilities.
- To ensure the organization complies with its by-laws.
Qualities and skills of committee members:
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to the organization’s mission & values.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impartiality and fairness.
- Ability to respect confidences.
- Good time-keeping.
Time commitment required:
The term of office for medical committee members is 24 months.
The role generally requires a commitment of 3 hours a week.
Email your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Type: Term (24 months)